Essential Sociology is a comprehensive text designed for the aspirants of Civil Services Examination. It will also be useful in the preparation of NET/JRF. This book covers the entire syllabus of Sociology optional, as prescribed by UPSC. The entire text has been divided into two parts: Part I and Part II. Part I deals with the topics mentioned in Paper I of the UPSC Civil Services Main syllabus of Sociology optional and it covers evolution of Sociology as a discipline, Sociological thinkers, kinship and social movements among others. Part II deals with the topics mentioned in Paper II of the syllabus and it covers topics like perspectives in Indian Sociology, Colonial impact, Indian social structure, tribal issues, among others. Every chapter ends with a detailed question bank based on the latest pattern of the Civil Services Examination. Written in a simple and lucid language, this book will serve as a ready-reference material for aspirants from diverse backgrounds.
Key Features of the book are:
• It is the first book to cover the syllabus of Sociology optional in its entirety
• Content mapping according to the syllabus of the UPSC
• Equipped with more than 200 diagrams, cartoons, tables and illustrations for a clearer understanding
• Features thought provoking question banks at the end of every chapter
• Based on the updated statistics till 2017
• Loads of additional information to cover unexpected questions.